**Disclaimer** If you know me in my 'real' life and stumble across this blog- please know that I write here for healing, and to feel close to my Noah, and close to my grief. At times these letters may seem sad, angry, and at times, crazy. Please don't worry about me- this is how I help myself heal. If you have questions, just ask- if you know me well at all, you know that I love talking about my Noah.

Sunday, September 2, 2012

'Someone Came Before You'

Dear Noah Bear,

Your sister is understanding little-by-little, more and more about you. We've always talked about you, spoken your name, honoured your memory and kept family traditions that involve your memory. We always will. But before now she was just too young to understand what a brother is (without seeing one) let alone understand the death of an older brother, who was a baby, who isn't here anymore. It's all a little confusing for an adult mind, let alone a toddler!

She has a book called 'Someone Came Before You', which is a book I bought a year or so ago. I've read it to her once or twice before, but latly she has picked it to be one of her bedtime books most nights! She takes time on each page to ask questions, and try to understand what is happening. I think she is really starting to comprehend. Today, when we weren't reading it she even asked some questions about the 'special little baby', who died, who made room in mummy and daddy's heart for another little baby- and that little baby was her!

You can find out more about the book HERE.

Noah, you are such a special part of our family, and always will be!

Love you forever,
Mummy



0 comments: