**Disclaimer** If you know me in my 'real' life and stumble across this blog- please know that I write here for healing, and to feel close to my Noah, and close to my grief. At times these letters may seem sad, angry, and at times, crazy. Please don't worry about me- this is how I help myself heal. If you have questions, just ask- if you know me well at all, you know that I love talking about my Noah.

Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Noah's 2nd Birthday... wanna help?

I have decided to do something for someone else for Noah's birthday. If he were here- it would be all about him, trucks, tanks, monkeys and trampolines I"m sure.
But he isn't here. We won't have 10, 2 year olds running around the house, playing games and eating pizza. There won't be a party.

Instead- I've decided that each year, I am going to try to donate something, to someone.

In the 'blog world', I've met a number of women who have lost their babies/children.
Kristin (onceamother.blogspot.com) , lost her baby Peyton Elizabeth to a rare form of Cancer at just 28 days of age. Peyton was born on my 27th birthday.. just five months after Noah was born and died.
In memory or Peyton, Kristin has started something called 'Doing Good in Her Name'.
to read more go here: 
http://www.doinggoodinhername.com

I am going to put together a box of stuff- for the foundation, so that she can donate it to the hospital wards that need it. Things that other parents will have to make special memories with their children. This will be done in memory, and in honour of my Noah. So far I have clothing, toys, booties, books and cd's!

You can help me
1. If you are in the area, why don't you go to the website, check out what they need and drop something bye my house before next Friday (April 9th). I'll pay to ship it, along with my things. (
http://www.doinggoodinhername.com)
2. . You can send things in yourself
3. You can donate money to the organization
4. You can pray for all of those families we will be helping, and for Peyton's family.
5. If you would rather- you can donate money to the Noah Awards (this will be next years birthday donation- but we can always use more!) 
http://www.med.mun.ca/PHRU/Noah-Awards.aspx
6. Either way- check out the two websites- take a moment to pray/think about all of the families who are at this very moment, going through the battle of fighting for their children's lives, or saying goodbye to their child... and send a birthday wish to the stars for my Noah.

Thank you to Jennifer at The Blue Sparrow (http://jenn625.blogspot.com/) who sparked this idea for me, when posting her Mustard Seed giveaway idea.
Thanks for helping me make Noah's birthday an honourable one!

Jane, Matt and Charlotte. 

4 comments:

Once A Mother said...

my husband and I just read this together and can't tell you just how moved we are by your wanting to honor Noah's birthday this way. You are amazing, and generous. Thank you so, so much!

Sending so much love your way. I know how hard birthdays are, and am praying that though Noah is not here with you in person, that you feel Noah's presence all around you on his second birthday.

Lots of love
xx
Peace

Jill said...

I have been wanting to send something to Kristin for quite sometime now. I think it is just wonderful what she has created. I will be sure to send some items for Noah's birthday. xx

Akul's mama said...

Happy birthday Noah. Two years without you have been very hard on your mom and dad. Thinking about you sweetie. XO XO

The Blue Sparrow said...

Sorry it took me so long to get back to you, yes this definatley counts as an act of kindness! I love that your doing this! Noah would be soo proud! *HUGS*